Thursday, December 04, 2008

Going to the Texas Bowl!

Rice University is one of the elite educational institutions in the county. It is a small school, enrollment wise, and has a great deal of trouble fielding a competitive football team on a regular basis. But this year the Owls are 9-3 and have been invited to participate in the Texas Bowl on December 30.

I just called and got tickets to see the game. They have a family package that includes 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas, and a program for only $89! So My wife and I will take the two youngest grandsons to see the game. The ticket agent just callled me back and told me that someone had backed out on tickets on the front row, so now we will be on the front row of the third level!

There is a possibility that the opponent will be Notre Dame. I would love that to happen! Notre Dame has such a storied history, but they are not particularly good this year. I think Rice can beat them. It would be the first ten win season for the Owls in nearly 60 years!


Baseball Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory


Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe to Hot Corner Has Been



No comments: