Thursday, September 11, 2014

Little Big Man in Houston!

Baseball Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
-->
When the Houston Astros left the National League for the 2013 season and going forward, I refused to renew my season tickets. I am so much a traditionalist that I will not embrace the Designated Hitter. Combine that with the fiasco of the lack of a television presence in the broad Houston market, and I have hardly seen any Astros' action, except on the newscasts and ESPN highlights.

Today I learned that last night Jose Altuve, the second baseman for the Astros collected his 200th hit for this season. That is only the second time in team history that a player has reached that plateau! Only the iconic Craig Biggio has achieved that feat. Biggio's team record is 210, which should be within reach of Altuve.

Jose is only 5' 4" tall, so he is literally the little big man in Houston! Congratulations on the milestone, Mr. Altuve!

No comments: