Wednesday, November 29, 2006

No News!

I have subscribed to a newspaper in Houston for over thirty years. For a while, it was the Post, but when it went out of business, I switched subscriptions to the Chronicle. Now, I read the comic strips most days, but the only reason I subscribe is to keep up with the sports. To be more accurate, I want to keep up with baseball, specifically the Astros.

So I really hate it when there is no mention of the ‘Stros in the paper. I just put down the sports section and today is one of those days! I read the headlines about the Rockets’ win over the Timberwolves last night and about the Texans’ ineptness. I even read the story about the success of the University of Houston and their superb quarterback, Kevin Kolb. You will probably hear about him as the draft draws near nest spring.

But no word on the Astros, even though there are pressing world issues like, “will Andy Pettitte play again next season”, and “can we get someone more productive to play third base in 07?” I mean, “Come on!”

Subscribe to Hot Corner Has Been



No comments: