Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Who Will Win The 2006 World Series?

Last year's World Series was much more exciting to me, as a long time Astros fan. I was privileged to attend the first ever World Series game played in Houston. And despite the fact that the White Sox came from behind to defeat the Astros and Roy Oswalt in that game, it was one of my favorite ever to attend!

This year I thought that because of the way the Tigers stumbled into the playoffs they would be no problem for the Yankees. Their youth and lack of playoff experience was going to do them in. But I should have known better.

Everyone knows the old adage that "Good pitching beats good hitting." The reason that everyone knows the adage is; it is true. And the Tigers have the arms to win the World Series. There are five guys on that staff that throw 97 mph or more. If they throw strikes, it should be a short Series and dancin' in the streets of Detroit!

And that is okay with me. As a fan of the Astros, I usually pull for the National League representative to the Series. But this year that would mean I have to either pull for Carlos Beltran or Preston Wilson to win a ring, and I don't want either one to get one. Sorry Billy Wagner!

No comments: