Thursday, January 11, 2007

Willie Mays Stole the Win for The National League in 1968

By today’s standards, the 1968 Major League Baseball All Star Game would be considered boring. It was a one to nothing contest. But I grew up loving to watch pitchers and defense. I have rarely seen a game that was more fun than that one. The pitching was exquisite. Carl Yastrzemski struck out three times! But that was okay with me, I am a fan of the National League. In the first inning Willie Mays, the best ball player I have ever seen, on first, stole second, stole third and scored on a ground ball by his Giants teammate, Willie McCovey. And I had gotten my program signed by the “Say Hey Kid”, Mays, before the game started. It is one of my treasures to this day.

Subscribe to Hot Corner Has Been



No comments: